GP Education – Gynaecology Update
via MS Teams
14/12/2021 for 1 days
Back to Events
We are delighted to notify you about a Primary Care Gynaecology Update to be held via MS Teams on Tuesday 14th December 2021.
Special thanks in advance to the gynaecology team for sharing their valuable time with us during an exceptionally busy and challenging time.
We hope many of you will join us for a brilliant interactive session.
19:05 – Gynaecology pathways – appropriate and inappropriate referrals : Case discussion – Dr. Heather Currie, Associate Medical Director, Acute & Diagnostics, Women, Children & Sexual health
19:40 – Urogynaecology pathways – including a summary of the likely management offered through the clinic. – Dr. Catriona Barlow, Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
20:30 – Ovarian problems : investigations and referrals –Dr Philip Dutton, Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
There will be time for Q&A after each presentation
- Improved knowledge and skills in management of gynaecological problems
- Updated skills dealing with pelvic organ prolapse and ovarian pathology
- Increased awareness of appropriate referrals to the gynaecologist
- Improved understanding of case management in the gynaecology department
- Improved efficient primary-secondary care collaborative working
- Enhanced understanding of how to deal with women’s concerns & expectations
2 hours of CPD credits can be claimed by participating delegates for their annual appraisal once the post-course evaluation/reflection is submitted. Certificate of attendance is not a requirement as evidence.
To comply with SEALS ( Standards for Educational Activity and Learning in Scotland ), kindly complete the pre-course needs assessment as soon as possible and post-course evaluation forms as soon as possible after the event.