GP Education – Menopause Update
via MS Teams
19/05/2022 for 1 days
Back to Events
We are delighted to notify you about our Popular ‘Menopause Matters Update’ to be held via MS Teams on Thursday 19th May 2022.
We hope you will be able to join us for an interactive session based on practical management of the menopause.
19:00: Welcome & introduction : Dr. S. Cherian, GP CPD Adviser
19:05: Managing the menopause in Primary Care: A Practical Guide to Managing Menopause symptoms including HRT prescribing : Dr. Heather Currie, Associate Medical Director, Women, Children & Sexual health
20:00: Common conundrums: Requests for testosterone and managing perimenopausal contraception : Dr. Sara Proudfoot, GP Annan North, Speciality Doctor Menopause, ScotGEM Year 2 GCM
20:20: Open forum for questions – Dr Heather Currie, Dr Sara Proudfoot, Sister Katrina Martin
There will be time for Q&A after each presentation
- Increased confidence in identifying menopausal symptoms in Primary Care
- Be aware of the options for managing menopause in Primary Care
- Feel comfortable assessing women to allow choice of the most appropriate form of HRT
- Increase awareness of tools available to help guide decisions
- Discuss the evidence base regarding testosterone therapy and be aware of safe prescribing practice
- Understand which forms of contraception are available in the perimenopause; when to stop; and how to prescribe HRT alongside.
2 hours of CPD credits can be claimed by participating delegates for their annual appraisal once the post-course evaluation/reflection is submitted. Certificate of attendance is not a requirement as evidence.
To comply with SEALS (Standards for Educational Activity and Learning in Scotland), kindly complete the pre-course needs assessment at least a week prior to the event and post-course evaluation forms as soon as possible after 19/05/2022.
This event will be held and recorded on MS Teams via the links below.