GP Education – Diabetes Update
via MS Teams
GPs, GP Trainees, ANPs and all interested medical staff.
Lecture Theatre, DGRI & via MS Teams
21/06/2022 for 1 days
Back to Events
We are delighted to notify you about the ‘Primary Care Diabetes educational update meeting’ to be held ‘face-to-face’ and via ‘MS Teams’ on 21/06/2022.
Special thanks in advance to the Diabetic team for sharing their valuable time with us during an exceptionally busy and challenging year.
We hope many of you will join us for an excellent interactive session.
19:00: Welcome & Introduction – Dr. S. Cherian, GP CPD Adviser
19:10: Managing type 1 diabetes-Pathways, Pumps, and PIF: Dr Fiona Green, Sheena Macdonald
19:40: Type 2 diabetes Prescribing, Prevention and Possibilities Dr Louise Overend, Sally Pattinson, Gill McNeill
20:10: Keeping it Real in the Community Dr Muna Mohamed, Fiona Palmer, Gillian Bell
20:30: Question & Answer session
- Update Diabetic knowledge and treatment options
- Improve communication and management skills for shared care decision planning with diabetic patients
- Improve personalised approach to diabetic care
- Signpost patients towards resources for diabetes prevention and day-day management support in a timely manner
- Increased awareness of appropriate referrals to the Diabetic team for improved efficient primary-secondary care collaborative working
2 hours of CPD credits can be claimed by participating delegates for their annual appraisal once the post-course evaluation/reflection is submitted. Certificate of attendance is not a requirement as evidence.
To comply with SEALS ( Standards for Educational Activity and Learning in Scotland ), kindly complete the pre-course needs assessment by 17/06/22 and post-course evaluation forms as soon as possible after the event.
This event will be recorded on MS Teams.
Early acceptance of the diary invitation as registration would be much appreciated to get an idea of the number of attendees.